- blockstat.exe file1.vbk file2.vbk file3.vbk ..
- blockstat.exe -x file1.vbk file2.vbk file3.vbk ..
- blockstat.exe -i link-to-file-with-per-line-file.txt
- blockstat.exe -o output.txt
- blockstat.exe -x -i link-to-file-with-per-line-file.txt -o output.xml
- -x = xml output
- -i file.txt = instead of suppling files on the command line, put them in a text file. New line indicates new file name (unicode encoding)
- -o fileout.xml = output to file instead of console
- -v = be verbose during compare mode so you can track process with a huge amount of files
- -d c:\directory = to add all files in a directory
- -t c:\d\ = to all all files in a directory (recursive)
- -m c:\directory\*.vbk = to add all files that match vbk extension in c:\directory. Please use absolute paths to directory
For example, the following script shows blockstat being called from Powershell (although it can be used directly from cmd)
The bundle contains some powershell example to give you some idea's:
Volume compare (max 1024 files)
The difference is probably the meta data describing the files. The longer ReFS runs, the more fragments, the more metadata
Download (binary + powershell)
Source Code (Github)
Copyright (c) 2017
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.