This book is just the extract code of the Powerstart for Powershell Guide. To get more info, please refer to the video
If you see any mistakes or requests, please contact @tdewin
If you have any PowerShell related questions, please visit the Veeam Forums
Why this format
The idea is that this format is a compact reference to all the information that is provided in the series.
Short video's where chosen so that the user can skip parts that are not interesting for him specificly
Choosing your ide
- powershell.exe + notepad : Not so convenient approach
- powershell_ise.exe : Powerful integrated environment
- Visual Studio Code : Code Highlighting and a bit more stable. Also a generic IDE, but less powershell help
- Make powershell your shell : "terminal.integrated.shell.windows": "C:\WINDOWS\Sysnative\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe"
- Make a key binding to execute a line of code : "run selected text in active terminal"
Before you begin
Open powershell as administrator and:
- The directory c:\dev will be used in this tutorial, it might be